Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 bunch collard greens
1 cup fresh chopped dill
1 cup fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of sea salt
- Wash collards, cut stems off and chop into small pieces and put aside. Stack leaves and roll them up, as you would a sushi roll, then slice from the end to create long strips.
- Warm oil in a pan with black pepper, and add stems, sautéing for a few minutes.
- Add collard greens and sea salt, then sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add water, cover and allow to steam for about 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add chopped dill and parsley, toss well and allow to sit uncovered for a few minutes, then serve.
Variations: Mix the juice of a lime and a dash of cayenne. Toss with the greens for a little extra kick!